Monday, June 24, 2013

Birdy Pouches

For two recent swaps on Craftster, I made (among other things) a zippered pouch for each partner.  They both like birds, and they both appreciate whimsy, so the birds are wearing party hats!

The basic construction is the same as my "popular" pouch, but I eliminated the gusset and just sewed them flat. I've made a lot of zippered pouches, but these are the first ones I've made like this, with an appliqued section and a fabric section on both sides. I think it makes them a lot more interesting and there are a million different things you could applique on them to personalize them--they would be great gifts, because anyone could use a pouch for something!









2 comments:

bethwalker07 said...

I absolutely LOVE these. I'm thinking one would be super cute with a tiny house applique... ;) Great job!

craftmates said...

Very nice pouch! Your partners are so lucky.