Sunday, January 20, 2013

Bunny Pillow

One of the fun parts of being in a craft swap is "stalking" your partner; you look at everything you can find about her online, such as the pictures she has posted on the Craftster or flickr, and looking at her Pinterest or Wist.

When I was trying to come up with a small-ish extra item to send to my partner in the Junker Jane swap on Craftster recently, there were two things on her Wist that really caught my eye.  The first was a decorative pillow with a heart in the center, in shades of red and khaki.  I love hearts, and I have experience making pillows, so I knew I could make this for her pretty quickly.  I kept looking, though, and came across a picture of a t-shirt with a big heart on it, and inside the heart there was a bunny silhouette. That's when the light bulb came on over my head--I would do a bunny-silhouette heart on the pillow!  It was perfect because I was doing a bunny Junker Jane-style doll for her, so my package would have a theme! Yay!


The background of the pillow is linen, as is the silhouette. The heart is made from quilter's cotton that's been in my stash for many a long year.  I used my favorite product, Heat n Bond Lite, to adhere the bunny to the heart, and the heart to the pillow.  Using the Heat n Bond allowed me to leave the fabric edges raw; then I machine sewed around the edges to secure everything.


I added a line of red hand-embroidered running stitches for an accent along the sides.


My bunny-loving partner declared that this pillow was one of the most amazing things anyone has ever made for her!  (I KNEW she would like it!!)

4 comments:

Kay said...

Just love it!! Simple and stunning.

wendiek said...

It is beautiful! I agree that stalking your partner is part of the fun of swapping!
Then combining her likes and things you see on Pinterest or Wist is challenging and fun too.

Great work Leslie!

~~Sew Happy Designs~~ said...

ADORABLE!! Sew fun!!
Keep up the good work~
Blessings,
Cindy
AKA Sewhappydesigns

voyance gratuite en ligne par mail said...


Anyway, In my opinion , purely formed an outstanding goal. You understand what you are speaking about, and that i has the capability to sincerely benefit from at the that will. Very good suggests this in advance as a consequence genuine.